Subject: Re: mounting disks
To: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/1999 09:42:29
On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:38:52PM +0200, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I dont know how to mount my disks.
> I am used to use freebsd but netbsd is different in this.
> I have two ide WD harddisks in here.
> One floppy and one ide toshiba cdrom as secundairy master.
> In freebsd i know how to mount them but not in netbsd.
> On the first harddisk is windows, it got one primairy partition (slice)
> and an extended with 3 logical on it.

Run 'mbrlabel /dev/rwd0d' on it. Then disklabel wd0 will tell you which
partitions could can mount with 'mount -t msdos'.

> On the second harddisk i got on the frist two slices freebsd.
> On the third and last slice i got netbsd.

You'll have to add the FreeBSD partititions within the NetBSD disklabel
with 'disklabel -e wd1' before you can mount them. For that you'll need
to know the start and size in sectors of the partitions.

> How do i mount the windows partitions on the first HD and the freebsd
> partition on the second? How do i mount the floppy drive and how the
> cdrom?

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a /floppy
mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom