Subject: RE: time isnt right.....
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/1999 10:04:00
Okay while we're talking about the RTC_OFFSET...

I live in the Central TZ (CST6), I have my localtime linked properly to
central.  If I want my hardware clock to be set to proper local time,
like when I reboot into MSwindow, I have to make RTC_OFFSET=300 instead
of 360 (60*6) which I would have expected.

I've just come to know this and don't think about it, much, but I am
curious why this is?

BTW, I've had to do this on every NetBSD i386 system I've installed, so
it not machine specific.

jam