Subject: X Windows hang with NetBSD 1.4 (i386)
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James T. Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1999 22:22:26
I am running 1.4 on a Pentium 133 with 16 Meg RAM and 4G SCSI disk, and the
system hangs when running X.  This occurs under fvwm2, twm, and kde.  Hanging
usually occurs after the window manager is up and running and I run something
like emacs in an xterm.  Other things cause it to hang as well, such as
opening up the preferences window in kde.  The system hangs at various points,
not repeatable, though appear to be related to opening a new window.  However,
it hangs in every X session, unless I exit before doing any significant stuff.
 The only way out is to reboot.

Jim Nelson