Subject: Re: termcap question
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1999 20:05:59
David Brownlee wrote:

>	/etc/ttys?

No, that info isn't there.

Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>"Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D." <drk@shore.net> writes:
>> Where are the characteristics of terminal names like tty33 defined? I
>> couldn't find this one in /usr/share/misc/termcap.
>> (I looked for it instead of pc or vt100 because things like vt100 are
>> defined all over the place)
>
>I'm not entirely sure I even understand what you are asking
>here. Maybe you could expand and explain your problem more clearly?
>
>Perry

Sure. I want to create a terminal device, called zterm, similar to vt100,
but with 37 lines & 96 cols. I also want to change a couple of other things.
This is the most convenient size to use with Zterm on a Mac as a serial
terminal. I know I can change the rows & cols with stty, but I would like a
specific device type.

Dan Killoran