Subject: Re: user can hang netbsd....
To: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
From: <>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1999 19:50:20
>I run netbsd 1.4 on a i386 machine.

Hm.  1.4 had a number of problems (freezing was one I had, although not to
that degree).  Try 1.4.1... it's been good to me so far (it's crashed only
once, probably from running out of VM.  I admit I haven't tried a lot of
compiling yet, though, which ).

>But man... an aplication that can cause an os to hang.... that sucks deep.

yes... but, the OS is software like everything else, and subject to bugs :-(
 I still prefer NetBSD to winduhs.  1.4 was the first to cause me real
grief.

Also, if you're looking for a browser, get KDE and use kfm.  It has
problems, but it's the best non-netscape unix thing I've seen.  Failing
that, try chimera.  I found Arena far too wobbly.

--

<<URL:http://www.glinx.com/~hclsmith/>