Subject: Re: problems compiling c++ source
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: None <miner@doit.wisc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1999 11:58:00
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > why would i remove that? if i need to compile an application that
> > uses the apvector class, I can just do an #include "apvector.h",
> > and have it take care of the apvector.cpp for me...
>
> Including ".cpp" files in headers sounds kind of backwards to me.
> Typically, you make the actual code available to your app when you
> link in the library, or if not that, compile apvector.o from
> apvector.cpp and link _that_ in.

Not just a little backwards, completely backwards.

But, since he's just trying to get us to do his homework for him, I don't
have a problem with that if he wants to do it.

jon

--
Jonathan J. Miner----------------------|        miner@doit.wisc.edu
Network Systems Technology             |               608/262.9655