Subject: Re: Suggestions on new monitor
To: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1999 01:39:48
A similar question would be "which movies will work best with my VCR?"

What I mean is that any and every monitor should work with NetBSD and
XFree86. There's nothing OS specific about monitor support.  Your
choice of graphics card, on the other hand, is limited to the long
list of those supported by XFree86.

I've used several multi-sync and fixed frequency monitors with XFree86
and NetBSD, with a few different graphics cards, with absolutely no
problems. You shouldn't have any either. Any SVGA monitor, can be
driven by an SVGA graphics card, the OS is not part of the equation.

Hope this helps.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net