Subject: Re: Serial Printing Problems
To: None <derry.birse@ind.alstom.com, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/1999 13:52:37
I didn't see anyone else point this out (and wasn't sure of the flag's
meaning until just now), but:  You had problems printing with GhostScript
past the first ``raster line'' (I presume one pass of the print head in
your DeskJet).  Your printcap included a line of the form:

     :ms=pass8,onlcr,crtscts,-echo:\
               ^^^^^

This is going to cause linefeed translations.  Is it possible that this
the source of your problems when trying to print graphically?  When
receiving GhostScript output, all ends-of-lines should already be
correctly handled, and further translation might cause confusion.  I
assume that you put this in so that you can dump raw ASCII text, with
newlines terminated by lone LineFeeds.  If so, you might need/want to
create a seperate printcap entry for text as opposed to raw data.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com