Subject: net-problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/1999 01:07:59
	Hello,

	I have a little modem-lan IPNAT router running 1.3.3, and there is
something wrong with it when I try to send emails from a machine on the lan
through the router to an SMTP server outside. I tried it with many email
clients under multiple OSs, each stops sendig mail at about 12k. Sniffing
the smtp-conncetion doesn't show any error messages or such. Is it possible
for example that the router can't forward packets larger than a given size,
and the mail clients try to send a bigger one? Or something similar? I
haven't try it with 1.4.1 though.

	Amother one: I set up sup to handle my pkgsrc, but each time I wanna sup,
it responds 'SUP: can't find my host entry'. What may be the problem?

	And, when I have a pkg already installed, that is needed by another I want
to install, but I don't have its package file in the pkgsrc/distfiles then
'make fetch-list' will include the already installed package, that I don't
want to download again. Is there a way to avoid it beyond to manually
filter it? If I just do 'make' will it download the pkg that is already
installed?

	Thx in advance

								mortee