Subject: Re: remote host unreacheable
To: george sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/1999 17:39:18
>>>>> "george" == george sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net> writes:
    george> Now I know how newbies on the linux lists feel.  After setting up my
    george> ttyE's yesterday, and configuring X last night, I tried to ftp Pine this
    george> morning.  Unfortunately, I'm getting "unable to connect to remote host"
    george> errors.  I didn't  have this problem yesterday, and I can still telnet
    george> locally (including the gateway machine).  The network is up and other
    george> machines (linux boxes) can access remote hosts.  Did I step on something
    george> when I configured the VT's?

  Maybe. probably your default route was not recorded properly to /etc/mygate
or mygate="whatever" in /etc/rc.conf. BTW: for pine, grab the pkgsrc set, cd
/usr/pkgsrc/mail/pine and type "make"

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [