Subject: Re: Kernel hangs at boot
To: None <thr33@home.com>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1999 08:26:56
>>>>> "thr33" == thr33  <thr33@home.com> writes:
    thr33> I'm trying to run NetBSD 1.4.1 on a i586 200mmx 64megs. I'm using
    thr33> award bios. what kind of settings do you want to know in the bios?

  Do you have plug&play enabled?
  What integrated peripherals do you have. What kind of motherboard?
what devices? Does it boot anything else? What's on the hard disk? Is
the hard disk recognized correctly?

    thr33> It says "isa0 at picb0" then it hangs. But there is still HD
    thr33> activity and could stay in that state unless you re-boot it.

  Yes, okay, it might just be something strange. Can you tell us what
ISA peripherals do you have? What brand of motherboard?

  Interrupt the boot sequence before it starts loading and type "boot -sa".

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.