Subject: Re: dialling in to a cisco modem server
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/1999 16:48:22
According to seebs@plethora.net:

>Almost certainly PAP.  Set it up with PAP username and password, and no
>connect script other than what you need to dial.

It certainly looks like you are correct - I tried pap with the pppd
debug on and I can see the other end respond with a rejection.  That's
ok - I don't think the RADIUS server fully configured yet, I shall
hassle for a username/password tomorrow :-)

>What useless people you must have setting it up.  You can tell them I said
>so.  Any network admin that can't tell you what's going on shouldn't be
>admin'ing the network.  ;-)

I was disappointed too.  I burbled for a bit about seeing LCP and got
silence, I then tried talking about PAP/CHAP.  At first I got the
win98 statement and then a not too definite ``use PAP''.  It was not
confidence inspiring - ah well, I don't pay the bill so I didn't get
to choose who we deal with in this regard.