Subject: Re: Why doesn't xntpd resynchronize?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/1999 21:14:23
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >I see. COMPAT_14?
>
> Yes, exactly.  But I guess I'm confused ... the configure test actually
> thinks there is a timer_gettime?
>
> Oh, I see ... there is a syscall stub in there, but it always returns
> ENOSYS.  Hmph.

Yes, and the prototype in /usr/include/time.h. The code, OTH, actually
tries to _use_ the function, so the build blows up on the "itimerspec"
madness. If it weren't for that, it would have built, but then dumped
core with ENOSYS. The calls in sys/timepps.h don't even have stubs,
just prototypes, so you can't build with those either. The first
binary that I managed to build worked beautifully; that's why I say
dumb luck.