Subject: speeding up key repetition
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: S J Horan <sjhoran@syd.lucid.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/1999 01:23:07
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting key repeat speed up on my netbsd/i386 system.

I've maxed it out in the BIOS, and that works fine, but it seems that
netbsd's keyboard/console/some other driver bypasses this setting.

I'm finding when I hold a key in it doesn't repeat as fast as I'd like.

Apologies for the trivality of this question, but it's bugging me. :)

I checked XF86Config man page, for AutoRepeat info, and it said that it's
not supported on all systems. From my tinkerings, I get the impression
netbsd is one of those platforms.

I'm using the wscons console stuff.

Any info as to how I can bump up the rate would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Steve Horan.