Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3.3 i386, XF86, and Microsoft Natural keyboard
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Pierre Bourgin <Pierre.Bourgin@lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/1999 16:22:59
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Claude Marinier wrote:

 > Hi,
 >=20
 > I have XF86 partly running. I do not have much documentation (the man
 > pages and the README files). I have spent most of the morning fighting
 > with this. The keyboard does not work: the Enter key produces an equal
 > sign, '=3D'. It is a Microsoft Natural keyboard; it (like the mouse) is
 > plugged into the dedicated port on the Asus P2B.

This is happening under X only, or in console/text mode as well ?
If only under X, read the doc of XF86Config (or use X86Setup and
play with differents kind of keyboards).

 > By the way, how can I tell what video mode XF86 is using? How can I
 > specify it?=20

this is a link; for me :

% ls -lF /usr/X11R6/bin/X
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  9 Jul  3 19:10 /usr/X11R6/bin/X@ -> XF86_SVGA

That  means my X server is XF86_SVGA.

 > I have an ATI Mach64 RAGE II+DVD with a Philips 107B (model
 > PB7402 capable of 31.5 to 68.7 Hz horizontal and 60 to 85 vertical).

The X server depends only on your video card. On the XFree86 web
(http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html) :

          Video Card                                       X server
[....]
ATI Mach64 3D RAGE II+DVD .............................. XF86_Mach64

But it can not to be available for you : check your XF86 server
version !

Pierre Bourgin

| Universit=E9 de Paris VI=09=09|
| LIP6 - Network & Performance Group    |
|=09=09=09=09 =09|
| http://www-rp.lip6.fr/~bourgin=09|