Subject: Re: uvm_fault with 128M RAM
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/06/1999 06:22:02
> 1 128M DIMM.
>
> One of the variants of panic is pmap_get_PTP: unmanaged user PTP
> (In case that's helpful)
Howdy,

We are getting the same problem here on our new web server and on a
customer's machine that is sitting on 10 mb of Ethernet bandwidth.
I chew my fingernails at night. It also dies (here) in httpd with a
similar message.

1.4.1 kernal, Pentium III 450 one 128 Meg DIMM two 8.4 gig ULTRA2 IDE
disks operating in a slower mode because the boot system can't find the
disks on the 66 MB /s channels of the IDE controller. I think there is a
bug in the new uvm code, both machines usually die before we can get a
trace, but every 20th time or so we can get a trace.

Jeff
www.sasquatch.com