Subject: Re: Kernel Panic
To: Amergin <amergin@wwa.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/03/1999 11:35:35
On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 11:25:00PM -0500, Amergin wrote:
> I recieved the following on a i386 based system using 1.4
>
> I can find no pattern or reason as to what would cause it. I don't truly
> know enough to even begin to guess at this point. Can anyone point me in
> the right direction or tell me what it means?
>
> Page fault, could that be physical memory or swap?

Could be, but there is also a few bugs in 1.4.
Can you get a stack trace here ? If you have ddb compiled in (it's in the
default kernel) just issue a 'tr'.
If not, the kernel should have dumped a core which has been written to disk
later by savecore (in /var/crash, if you have enouth disk space).
Then just do:
gdb netbsd.x
target kcore netbsd.x.core
where