Subject: 132 col and or 50 col
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/1999 10:37:00
Once upon a time back around 1.2 with pcvt I could do 132 col.  It's been
a long time but I thought I could do 50 col also.

Since 132 col mode was card dependant (Forget 132GENERIC, it never worked
for me) and I moved to "bigger better" PCI video cards that were not
supported by PCVT and just resolved myself to use X if I wanted more
lines.

We with wscons, I see great hope, but have been met with problems.  I
have played with wscons.conf to no avail and the cmdline wscons tools do
not help if the console has getty running on it.  I finally got it to
switch modes on one of the virtual screens that was inactive, modify
ttys, hup and got it working...way too much trouble.

So what am I missing?  Has any one had success going into 132 col mode
and or 50 col?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
jam