Subject: Booting a system from an Ethernet controller
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/1999 11:08:38

------ =_NextPart_001_01BED80F.A1629930

We need to be able to plug an Ethernet Controller (with boot PROM) into
a machine without NetBSD on, which must then connect to a NetBSD
machine, where installation of NetBSD across the network takes place.
Has anybody had experience with this sort of application. Also, does it
seem plausible to do?

Thanks
 Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BED80F.A1629930

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>Booting a system from an Ethernet controller</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We need to be able to plug an Ethernet Controller =
(with boot PROM) into a machine without NetBSD on, which must then =
connect to a NetBSD machine, where installation of NetBSD across the =
network takes place. Has anybody had experience with this sort of =
application. Also, does it seem plausible to do?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;Bruce</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>