Subject: None
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <philip-brodd@uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/26/1999 16:03:36
I've gotten this error a couple of times now while trying to install NetBSD
1.4 (mac68k) on a Mac IIcx:

Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIWrite(), #5
[... followed by a couple more of these]
pos = 0, i = 27, fs = /usr
alloccgblk: can't find blk in cyl

The first two times it happened, it stalled in exactly the same place.  Then I
tried shuffling the partitions around a bit and ran the installer again.  This
time it occurred at a different point during the installation.  Is it hitting a
bad sector on my disk that it can't get around?  Or is it possible an
installation package became corrupted when I downloaded it?  Thanks.

---
Philip Brodd                              mailto:philip-brodd@uiowa.edu
Instructional Technologist                   http://twist.lib.uiowa.edu
University of Iowa Libraries  /  Iowa City, IA 52242  /  (319) 335-6258