Subject: Problems with floppy instalation of NetBSD 1.4
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Backb0ne <backb0ne@start.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/22/1999 04:51:39
Hi, i have trying to install NetBSD from many ways. First, from a mounted filesystem i have my packages on a windows partition but sysinst couldn't get them.
Second, i tried to burn a cd but noone in my small city noone want to copy from hdd to hdd.
I decied to buy 40 floppies and install NetBSD by "myself". SO:
1. i create my boot disk for 1.4, boot the comp and make my netbsd partition without problems (1150 mbs)
2. I choose a "custum instalation" and i did not install Xgames, X11programming and Xfonts because i don't really use that.
3. I cope all the needed files in the 35 floppies and start the instalation.
Sysinst copied all the files without problems but when it finished suddenlly a error:

Command: pax -zrpe -f /mnt/base.tgz

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
pax: Enf of archive volume 1 reached

ATTENTION! pax archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 2
Input archive name or "." to quit pax
Archive name>

What could be wrong ? the floppies are all them new and formated under dos (format a:).
I really thank any help with this.

thank you again....