Subject: This is very odd... php3-mysql package tidbits..
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/14/1999 23:25:32
Following Chris Jones fiancee's example, I did a "rm -R
/usr/include" and then then reinstalled base.tgz and comp.tgz.

  (FWIW, I first tried "tar dzpf comp.tgz -C /" before actually
   unpacking the file just to see if there were any differences
   between my /usr/include and the one in the file, and none were
   noted. So I have no idea why reinstalling these distribution sets
   did anything.)

 After doing this, I had a bit more success this time around with the
php3-mysql package.

I switched into that directory, did a "make clean", and then "make &&
make install".  This time it got as far as installing everything
before hitting a bunch of very strange errors:

install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/local/home/czyz/pkgsrc/www/php3-mysql/work/php-3.0.7/functions/mysql.so /usr/pkg/lib/php3/
===>  Registering installation for php-mysql-3.0.7
Segmentation fault
CVS not installed - NOT registered
Makefile not installed - NOT registered
README.html not installed - NOT registered
pkg not installed - NOT registered
work not installed - NOT registered
Error not installed - NOT registered
code not installed - NOT registered
1 not installed - NOT registered
CVS not installed - NOT registered
Makefile not installed - NOT registered
README.html not installed - NOT registered
pkg not installed - NOT registered
work not installed - NOT registered
Error not installed - NOT registered
code not installed - NOT registered
139 not installed - NOT registered
Stop. not installed - NOT registered
php-mysql-3.0.7 requires installed package mysql-client-3.22.22
php-mysql-3.0.7 requires installed package perl-5.00404
xdsl014%

Well, I then did a "setenv FORCE_PKG_REGISTER" and a "make reinstall"
and installation finished. I have no idea why I had to reinstall any
distribution sets or any fancy acrobatics to get this installed, but
it looks like the job is done.

Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't be overclocking my Celeron...

-Zach Fine
zach@amazon.com