Subject: Netbooting questions
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/1999 22:32:07
Hello all,

I was just going through the Diskless NetBSD howto, trying to get my Linux
box set up so that my Mac could netboot from it.  I have bootpd and tftpd
set up, no problem.

Here is where I get confused:

#/etc/exports
/export/client/root client.test.net(rw,no_root_squash)
/export/client/swap client.test.net(rw,no_root_squash)
/export/client/usr client.test.net(rw,root_squash)
/export/client/home client.test.net(rw,root_squash)

1) Why is /root and /swap "no_root_squash", and /usr and /home not?
2) Instead of having four separate mount points, why not just put
everything on root?  I mean, chances are they're all going to be on the
same filesystem on the host, right?

Sorry if these questions are silly (I'm very new to NetBSD and
netbooting).

--fission