Subject: Re: CD-Rom Drive
To: Collins, John <John.Collins@boral.com.au>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/1999 18:29:46
In message <11230209152AD111AEF300A0C9459AA6015D5CEA@enejnoxd02.ene.boral.com.a
u>, "Collins, John" writes:
>I have just recently formatted my c drive on my PC at home and before I
>formatted, I checked what my hardware set up, it told me that I and a ATAPI
>CD-ROM, I have visited your page and was just wondering about downloading
>the driver for it. Is it possible for me.

You are very confused, and it's really weird that someone with exactly this
question keeps writing this address.

YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DRIVER FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS.  YOU ARE WRITING PEOPLE
WHO MAINTAIN A *COMPETING AND INCOMPATIBLE* SYSTEM.  THIS IS COMPARABLE TO
CALLING A JAGUAR DEALER TO ASK IF THEY CAN HELP YOU DIAGNOSE A PROBLEM WITH
A FORD.

>I thank you for your help.

Thanks for writing, but *PLEASE STOP AND TAKE A SECOND TO LEARN WHAT YOU
ARE DOING BEFORE YOU SEND MAIL TO A LARGE MAILING LIST*.

Hundreds of people are seeing your messages, and, so far as I can tell, you
keep sending them.  Over.  And.  Over.

WE CANNOT HELP YOU.  IF YOU WANT A DRIVER FOR A WINDOWS SYSTEM, GO BUG PEOPLE
WHO WORK WITH WINDOWS.

Is this clear yet?  Which of the words is giving you trouble?

-s