Subject: Re: recent boot.fs for 1.4?
To: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/1999 13:45:15
On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 10:47:48AM -0700, Scott Presnell wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> 	I was planning to upgrade my i386 systems
> to 1.4 in the near future, but I remembered reading
> that sysinst on the original 1.4 boot image dropped
> core when the "upgrade" path was chosen.
>
> Is there a more recent boot.fs image around with
> a fixed/patched/updated sysinst that would allow
> for an upgrade sans sysinst.core?

I'm upgrading a box to the NetBSD-release branch (what will be 1.4.1).
As soon as it's done (make build on it should not take more than
3 hours) I'll build a boot floppy image. It *should* be better than the one
in 1.4, but as my install test box is dead I can't test it rigth now.

Are you willing to test it ?
If it doesn't work recovery isn't hard anyway.