Subject: Re: HELP:1.4 not booting multi user
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/1999 16:34:17
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, David Wetzel wrote:

>BTW: I have 128MB real RAM in the Box and my swap is
>Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
>/dev/sd1a      205078    12820   192258     6%    0
>
>is this not enough for my raid?

Don't know, but I would most strongly advise

    1. Don't EVER put swap anywhere other than a 'b' partition.

    2. Don't EVER use a 'b' partition for anything other than swap.

That way, if disks get moved round you won't accidentally swap on a
filesystem (or get yards of errors trying to fsck a swap space).  And
if you have wildcarded disks in your config file these can easily float
around (particularly with external SCSI disks which can be powered off).

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |