Subject: RE: transferring a drive between BSD and
To: Steve Hobbs <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/1999 12:24:31
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Steve Hobbs wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, John A. Maier wrote:
>
>> Do you have ext2fs compiled in the Kernel?
>> jam
>
>I think so, but even if not, surely the DOS partition should be mountable?
>I've definitely got MSDOS support in the kernel. Unless only DOS floppies
>are supported, and not hard-disks?

Yes, but the NetBSD disklabel needs to contain an entry for the DOS
partition.  Which means that you must have at least one of the 6 possible
NetBSD partitions free, and you then need to edit the disklabel so that
this NetBSD partition matches the start and size of your DOS partition.

If for example you make wd0h be the DOS partition, you can then simply
say

	mount -t msdos /dev/wd0h /mnt

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |