Subject: Re: communicator
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/1999 10:14:46
Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net> writes:
>   I'm trying to install communicator from the package system.
> It seems that the tar.gz distribution files are missing from
> the mirrors.  When I type "make" in the communicator directory;
> It checks a few ftp servers, looking for the
> "communicator-v46-export..tar.gz "
> file.  But it never finds it.  I get a lot of "no such file or directory"
> messages.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

Are you actually trying to install this on a Mac, as your signature
would suggest?

The communicator package (and the navigator package 8-) doesn't
support the m68k ports at this point, only alpha, i386, and sparc.

The package system should have told you this, but due to a bug (I just
filed a PR) it didn't.

cgd