Subject: Re: Need a modem Used to be ( Need some help with modems and tty's )
To: Al Urbaitis <aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/1999 11:32:13
On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 10:28:50PM -0600, Al Urbaitis wrote:
> Hmmm...
> There is no isapnpdevs.h ....

Sorry, I wasn't looking at a 1.3.2 machine.. closest I can find
here is 1.3.3

> I looked around and saw something labeled com_isapnp.c, this
> seemed to contain strings similar to what you had indicated
> earlier. So I added a string for my modem...
> Unfortunately this didn't help...
> I did a make -f Makefile.com_isapnp and then recompiled the kernel
> and nothing changed...

The Makefile instruction was 1.4 specific. go to your kernel
compile directory, and rm com_isapnp.o, then make depend && make

> Unfortunately I know far too little about this process to go
> much further on my own.
>
> Sooo... does anybody know of a modem that works with 1.3.2 :-)

That modem should work okay. Did you make the change to /etc/ttys
I sent in another message?

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me