Subject: Re: printing to Xerox 230 ST
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/1999 17:34:52
> Still not quite home though. I tried to print a text file, and got only the
> first line, a 70 or so space indented second line, and a bunch of blank
> pages. I suspect that I need to set up some kind of filtering? The printer
> will do postscript, but I don't know how it handles ascii text.  don't
> really have access to the printer internals, so I'm going to have to handle
> this from the NetBSD box.

terminators.  My lexmark 1255 has such a switch and its the easiest
way to get things printing under PCL (ascii-mode).

You can also put a filter in the printers data stream.  Just add a
if=/usr/local/sbin/myfilter to the /etc/printcap and put a <nl> to
<cr><nl> filter in that file.  (eg. sed -e 's/$/^M/')

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/