Subject: Re: printing to Xerox 230 ST
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/1999 09:11:09
>>>>> "Brad" == Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com> writes:

Brad> Still not quite home though. I tried to print a text file, and
Brad> got only the first line, a 70 or so space indented second line,
Brad> and a bunch of blank pages. I suspect that I need to set up some
Brad> kind of filtering? The printer will do postscript, but I don't
Brad> know how it handles ascii text.  don't really have access to the
Brad> printer internals, so I'm going to have to handle this from the
Brad> NetBSD box.

Sounds like it wants CRLF (or just CR), and you're just sending it LF
at the ends of lines.

There's a package in pkgsrc called something like magicfilter that's
supposed to deal with these issues pretty well.  I haven't used it
myself, though.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu