Subject: printing to Xerox 230 ST
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/1999 17:51:02
We just got a demo Xerox 230 ST printer/copier/fax/scanner/breadmaker, and
I'd like to try to print to it from our NetBSD 1.2 mailserver.

Can someone suggest an appropriate entry to my printcap file to make this
happen. The printer is supposedly running lp, ( the installation dude
claims it runs linux) and it has its own IP address, so it seems like I
should be able to print to it. The documentation assumes Solaris, and the X
based configuration application won't help me on my non X box.

I configured NetBSD1.3 to print to a SunOS printserver once, but it has
been many moons since then, and the memory is dim.

Any suggestions?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614