Subject: NetBSD I/O Ports
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Zier <stefan@zier.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/1999 19:45:49
Hi everybody,

Does anyone of you have a clue how I can program I/O Ports in NetBSD/arm32?
I tried to find the information in the Kernel sources but could not find
exactly what I need.

What I need to do: Read/Write directly to the three I/O ports of the
parallel port (SPP mode) of my shark in order to communicate with my
Connectix QuickCam.

As far as I understand the process the first thing that I need to do is to
check whether the user that executes the program has the user rights to use
the I/O Ports directly. After that I should be able to read and write to the
ports. I would also need to know the address of the three ports that I have
to use for the Sharks parallel port.

From what I understand the documentation of the Shark's SuperIO Chip the
rest should be just the same as on PCs. Can anyone help me with some chunks
of information, please? Some general code for any other architecture than
the arm32 might help me as well.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Zier