Subject: How to use Japanese with our xemacs package...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/1999 14:13:46
I've installed the xemacs-20.4 package, with mule support, and am
trying to use the Japanese support with limited success. I can write
in hiragana and katakana using both the skk and egg input methods, but
neither are doing any hiragana->kanji translations. I think I may need
to install a library (Wnn? Canna? sj3?) that mule will communicate
with to find the right kanji, but I have had no luck finding any such
library to compile. It's quite possible that the information and files
I need are readily available on a Japanese language site, but my
knowledge of Japanese is nowhere near good enough to find anything.

And the only documentation I can find in the xemacs info files that
relates is itself in Japanese.

If indeed it is necessary to compile additional libraries, and they're
available on the net, and someone out there can help me with this,
I'll try to put together a package for it so that others might have an
easier time.

Thanks for any help.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net