Subject: Re: Mail server
To: Robert Alexander Baxter <rbaxte03@harris.com>
From: <>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/1999 15:37:45
>hclsmith@glinx.com (Hume Smith) wrote...
>

>> ...  how competent, ambitious, and vigilant is the person installing
>> and operating it?  ...

>You could make that argument about *any* software.

But there's the issue of how much the software and its documentation and =
all help or hinder the process.  Eg, the sendmail docs i found were =
organised by option, which made them good only if you already knew what =
you were looking for.  Exim's were organised more conceptually; lots of =
easy-to-find "How To Do X".

I use Unix instead of Windows because Unix (for the most part ;) doesn't =
fight with me, doesn't resist my attempts to master it.  Sendmail would =
put up such a struggle; Exim wouldn't.  I would take on security =
responsibilities on a Unix system; I would not for Winduhs, partially =
because Duhs is a poorly-illuminated moving target.

--
<URL:http://www.glinx.com/~hclsmith/>