Subject: Re: Mail server
To: None <hclsmith@glinx.com>
From: Robert Alexander Baxter <rbaxte03@harris.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/1999 11:04:44
hclsmith@glinx.com (Hume Smith) wrote...

> ...  how competent, ambitious, and vigilant is the person installing
> and operating it?  ...

You could make that argument about *any* software.

Or any task whatsoever, for that matter.  Perhaps some incompetent,
unambitious, and unaware person might tie my shoes together if I asked
him or her to tie my shoelaces.  That doesn't mean I should get slip-on
shoes, which might come off if I run or a dog bites my foot.

I'm confident that my shoes won't be tied together if I tie my
shoelaces.  I wouldn't ask someone else to do it unless I'd seen that
they knew how, and weren't malicious.  Unless they were a baby learning
to tie shoes---in that case I'd check the job they did, before walking.

-Alex (:-)
 rbaxte03@harris.com