Subject: Re: Floating point exception during 1.4 upgrade...
To: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/1999 17:51:50
Yep, me too.  I assumed it was because I didn't have a FPU (old 386),
but obviously that isn't the case.  Has ANYONE done a SUCESSFUL upgrade
to 1.4 using sysinst?  Just untar the tarballs directly.

Rick

Brian Stark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since my problem happened on the i386 platform, I am sending this to
> port-i386 in addition to netbsd-help.
>
> I have a 1.3.3 system that I tried to upgrade to 1.4 last night and during
> the installation I saw these messages (sysinst was running from the boot
> disk):
>
>   uid 0 on /: file system full
>   /: write failed, file system is full
>   Foating point exception
>
> There was a core dump for sysinst and at the command prompt I ran df.
> The output for the root file system is:
>
>   /dev/md0a  1375  1124  251 81% /
>
> I then re-ran sysinst and got the following message:
>
>   Help! No /etc/fstab in target disk wd0.
>
> Anyone else seen this? Luckily, I did have a backup, and I was able to
> perform a new installation on the disk without problems.
>
> I have one more system that I need to upgrade, and I'm wondering if
> others have seen this problem, or know how to solve it. In case it
> matters, the system is a Dell Pentium, 166Mhz, with 128MB memory.
>
> Brian

> | Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
> | Siemens PT&D, LLC                 | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
> | Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |
> | 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer
Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/