Subject: AT&T (?) StarLAN Fiber
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/29/1999 10:31:03
Hello all,

I managed to get hold of an old 486SX machine and decied to
give it a go with NetBSD 1.3.2. I already got a ethernet
board for that one, still waiting for another for my
Pentium box.

My problem is this: the card I have is StarLAN fiber
(apparaently device ie1) that has 12 jumpers, no manual
and NetBSD boot states that the board has no soft
configuration.

I would jolly well like it, if someone could help me out
here, either telling me about configuration or pointing
me to a good resource (not, should I say, the original
manual ;)

Besides, is 486SX@25MhZ, 8mb mem and 125mb harddrive
suitable to run a minimal installation of NetBSD 1.3.2
or 1.4 later, for that matter?

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi