Subject: Re: Anyone got a particularly nice sendmail.cf hack set?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/28/1999 16:44:14
In message <19990428174235.A8995@noc.untraceable.net>, Andrew Brown writes:
>junk ip rules?  what are they?  if you mean being able to declare ip
>addresses or blocks (only "classfully") as invalid, you can do that
>via the access database (*not* the microsoft product :).  just put
>something like

>131.107		REJECT

>in your access database and you won't get any more mail from
>microsoft.  well...less anyway.  :)

Heh.

I'm using the ~ca set of checking rules, and yeah, same kind of thing, but
it's using a separate database of junk stuff.

I've become convinced 'access' should be more than one database; I was trying
to help someone set something up, and he wanted to be able to do things like
prevent a given user from *sending* mail, etc etc., and we couldn't figure
out how to distinguish between incoming and outgoing.

-s