Subject: Using SIGIO
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/28/1999 09:19:43

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE9147.7D47B0D0

> I am having trouble setting up a SIGIO for the serial
> port, the point in question is that when I do a
> fcntl(fd,F_GETOWN) or fcntl(fd,F_SETOWN,...), I get an
> "Inappropriate ioctl for device". I have used "signal" and
> a signal handler, and have set the serial port to
> "O_ASYNC", but this third requirment (as per all the books
> I have) just will not work. Is it a user rights issue, or
> am I way off track?
>
> I have tried various other ideas, fcntl(fd,FASYNC),
> ioctl(fd,TIOSPGRP)..., etc, etc, but all with various
> error messages. I have even tried locking the fd, then
> unlocking afterwards, no change.
>
> Thanks

Bruce Martin

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE9147.7D47B0D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE> Using SIGIO</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am having trouble setting up a SIGIO =
for the serial port, the point in question is that when I do a =
fcntl(fd,F_GETOWN) or fcntl(fd,F_SETOWN,...), I get an =
&quot;Inappropriate ioctl for device&quot;. I have used =
&quot;signal&quot; and a signal handler, and have set the serial port =
to &quot;O_ASYNC&quot;, but this third requirment (as per all the books =
I have) just will not work. Is it a user rights issue, or am I way off =
track?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have tried various other ideas, =
fcntl(fd,FASYNC), ioctl(fd,TIOSPGRP)..., etc, etc, but all with various =
error messages. I have even tried locking the fd, then unlocking =
afterwards, no change.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Bruce Martin</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------ =_NextPart_001_01BE9147.7D47B0D0--