Subject: RE: Disk not detected correctly
To: Richard Horwood <rich@mondial.com.au>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/1999 23:20:23
On 26-Apr-99 Richard Horwood spoke unto us all:
#  The sheet that came with the drive says this
#  13410 Cyl, 15 Heads, 63 sectors in CHS mode (!)
#
#  I have been trying to tell it that this is in fact a 6.4Gb drive, but all
#  attempts at writing a new disklabel have resulted in messages like this:

Normally the answer is no not use that LBA crap at all, and set it to CHS in
the BIOS.  Luckily this is a wd1 drive.  I usually don't define any drives
except for wd0 in the BIOS, NetBSD is usually smart enough to find them itself,
and then it doesn't have to argue with a stupid BIOS about them.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org