Subject: Problems labeling wd2...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Cernohorsky <cerno@ics.muni.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/24/1999 12:22:37
Dear NetBSDers,

sorry for the stupid question, but I have problems labeling disk.
I have added a Quantum Fireball 1080A (2112c, 16h, 63s) as a master
to secondary IDE channel, and it was properly recognized by the generic
1.4_BETA kernel. I have appropriately edited /etc/disktab and ran

 disklabel -w -r wd2 tertiary

disklabel stops in input, and after pressing Enter it prints out

 disklabel: can't read master boot record: No such file or directory

But the disk label is properly formatted and is visible via pfdisk
from dos. (Btw. the sysinst program does not offer the wd2 disk
for the installation. Is this intentionally omitted for sime reason?)

Am I doing something really stupid or is my disk ill...?

Thanx in advance,

	cerno

--
Martin Cernohorsky
Institute of Computer Science

sig 1.2a * Disc space -- the final frontier!