Subject: A few questions
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: bahwi <bahwi@technologist.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/1999 21:48:17
Hello, I am a user of FreeBSD, however, recently, I have heard numerous
things on NetBSD and OpenBSD. If you could answer my questions and pardon
my ignorance, I would appreciate it much. (Sorry for this message being so
awkward, I need sleep 2 hours ago)

1) I've heard NetBSD emulates sunos, are there any problems with JDK
1.2? (Java 2) Since I soon will be progamming in Java, and moving back to
Windows 95/98 seems, well, disgusting, I am looking for alternatives.

2) How is the sound card support? Can it run the ESS1868 chip? How about
a Sound Blaster PCI128?

3) Can it emulate FreeBSD binaries and load the FreeBSD file system? As my
work is also based in FreeBSD, if they could make a peaceful co-existance
that would be good, although I am getting a new hard drive and that is not
necessary.

4) I figure this is a yes, but I must ask. Can it emulate Linux binaries
and libraries?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks, and sorry for the odd
message. As I am not a member of this list, please reply privately to
bahwi@technologist.com  Thank again!

--
bahwi@technologist.com