Subject: Re: StarOffice, Linux emulation...
To: None <afoss@cisco.com>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/1999 05:06:03
Andrew Foss wrote:

> I've got the right libraries, according to StarOffice docs, I can
> apparently run other ELF32 linux images all right, but I get core dump
> running the setup for either StarOffice 3.1 or 5.0.

  IIRC, StarOffice 5.0 won't run, because it requires a system call
(clone) that is not emulated by NetBSD.  StarOffice 3.1 and 4.0 (without
service pack) should install and run fine on NetBSD/i386 if you modify
the setup script to include "NetBSD" in the case statement checking the
system type (you can just copy and modify the "Linux" case).

  BTW, I don't know which Linux emulation libraries you use.  I use the
libraries from the "linux_SuSE-5.3" package ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene