Subject: Re: with regard to NetBSD hardware support list
To: Kirk Lee <KLee@CragTech.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/30/1999 17:32:00
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:18:54 -0800
 Kirk Lee <KLee@CragTech.com> wrote:

 > Fibre Channel controllers -
 > Qlogic ISP-2100A/ISP-2200A

those are supported.

 > 100mb e-net controllers -
 > AMD 79c971/972/973/975

Um... these are PCI `LANCE' chips, right?  They should work, except the
PCI LANCE driver lacks support for MII on some models.

 > SMSC LAN83C171(not the DEC Tulip)

I wrote the SMC 83c170 driver in our tree (`epic').  The PCI cards are
supported (though there are definitely some flaky chips out there, which
have timeout problems, sigh).  The '171 is the CardBus variant, and will
be supported when we have CardBus support.

 > Intel 21140A/21142/21143(used to be DEC's)

Those should work with the current `de' driver.

 > Symbios 53C885

Can you provide some more info about this one?

 > RealTek 8129/8139A

I have written a driver, but it has some problems I need to address before
I commit it.  I'm afraid it will not be in the 1.4 release.

 > WinBond W89C840F
 > Lite-On 82C168

These two will be addressed by the rewrite of the Tulip driver, which I'm
sorry to say will also not be in the 1.4 release.  Stay tuned for more here.

 > SEEQ 81400

More info, please :-)

 > Macronix MX713/715/725

...see above, wrt. the new Tulip driver.

 > VIA VT86C100A

This is supported by the `vr' driver in -current, and will be in the 1.4
release.