Subject: Re: Netserver E50 reboots with install floppy
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/24/1999 11:22:38
On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 10:48:24PM -0800, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	You could give
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/abs/i386-boot.9923-03.fs
>
> 	a go - its built from this morning's sources but I can't take
> 	a machine down right now to test it, so you're on the bleeding
> 	edge :)
>
> 	Let me know how it goes!
>
> 		David/absolute

This disk behaves just like boot1.fs did, 'read data: Input/output error' at
about the same point in the boot process.

If I'm not imagining it, boot1.fs didn't have a spinner /-\-, during the
load process, but 9923-03.fs does.

Has anyone seen this on another machine? Or is this just an HPism?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,