Subject: Re: Netserver E50 reboots with install floppy
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/1999 18:16:33
On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 04:48:12PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> [...]

Error message typo, that should be 'read data: Input/output error'.

> Yuck. You are sure the tiny floppy works but that the normal ones
> don't, AND that you have no possibility of a damaged floppy in boot1.fs?

Yup, just tried a 3rd disk, fresh out of a different box of disks.
My finger on the drive says..

2 seeks before boot prompt comes up. 68 seeks after hitting enter
until the 'read data...' message comes up.

Something fishy with the floppy controller? After 3 disks...

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,