Subject: Re: Netserver E50 reboots with install floppy
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/1999 17:37:33
On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 04:25:56PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> writes:
> > However, boot-tiny doesn't recognize the 2940i and thus no HD to
> > install onto :-)
>
> How much memory does your system have?

128M

> > segment size numbers) it says 'read error: Input/output error'.
>
> The floppy you wrote to might be damaged.

Sorry, meant to mention in the first message. I tried two floppies,
one fresh out of the box, one, a re-format and rawrite over the
1.3.3 boot.fs

> > Are boot1 and boot2 meant to be used in some magical way I don't
> > know the secret for?
> no. you just insert disk 1, and then, when it finishes reading, insert
> disk 2.

Does it prompt? Perhaps the error comes if I don't switch disks when
it stops reading? I'll check that.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,