Subject: Re: remote display
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/1999 10:57:24

:
> I get the feeling that soback just can't find my computer to open the
> display.

Try it with your actual ip-address, instead of the name. [It will be
the left hand side of the output of "ifconfig ppp0" on fredf12.] Since
you have a dynamic ip, your CNAME will likely be dynamic too, and
therefore not useful. If you're curious, you can see what it is with
"traceroute your-ip-address".