Subject: Re: remote display
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/1999 08:23:35
On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

>   I'm trying to run clients on another machine (soback.kornet21.net) and
> have them open a display on my machine (fredfl2).
>
> Here is what I'm doing:
>
> 1. telnet soback.kornet21.net
>
> 2. xload -display fredfl2:0.0
>
> than I get the message:
>
>   can't open display, fredfl2:0.0

You need to authorize your session on soback.kornet21.net to open the
display on fredf12. To this end, I found the following url helpful.

	http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/xauth.html

Short answer: you could first do `xhost +soback.kornet21.net' on
fredf12. The drawback is that then anyone on soback could open your
display. Check out the "Remote X Apps--Mini How-To," url above, also
the Xsecurity(1), xauth(1) and xhost(1) man pages.